‘Tis the season to be festive and full of cheer! Whether it’s for holiday office parties, Christmas dinners, or some holiday shopping with your girlfriends, make sure you have the hairstyle to match the festive mood! Here’s some elegant but fun ideas to try: chignon, French twist and side-swept curls.
One of the easiest ways to get spruced up for a night out on the town is tying your hair back into a simple, soft chignon. Similar to a bun, a chignon is achieved by pinning hair into a knot at the back of the head and is the perfect choice for frizz-prone hair or when you want a break from excessive heat styling.
- Part dry hair with a comb any way you desire — down the middle, on the side, in a zigzag, or brush it straight back.
- Pick a side for the chignon to rest, pull hair to that side, and create two ponytails — one in each hand. Tie the two ponytails into a low, loose knot.
- Wrap the remaining hair sticking out of the hair knot and use a hairpin to hold in place. It shouldn’t be perfect, but use more pins for added control if it’s feeling too messy.
This hairstyle is so elegant and it pairs up just well with that fancy party dress you’ve been saving!
- Spritz the hair with volumizer. Use a comb to part the hair across the back of the head, from ear to ear. Gather the top section of hair at the crown, twist it one time, and secure with hairpins.
- Gather the bottom section of the hair at the nape of the neck. Twist it in a column upward, so that the ends stick up.
- Grasp the column of hair and tuck it underneath itself in the direction of the twist. Secure the hair along the twist with bobby pins. Finish with a misting of hair spray.
Side Swept Curls
Looking for a more romantic and soft look? Try this easy hairstyle.
- Apply volumizing mousse to damp hair.
- Polish hair by blowdrying (without a nozzle) with a round bristle brush, shaping the front either up and away from the face or forwarded if no lift needed.
- Brush hair through and put a side parting in with a comb as this is a groomed take on side waves.
- Using a medium sized curling iron, take hair in two-inch sections, starting underneath, twist hair slightly and curl hair back off of the face.
- Make sure to only curl from the cheekbone level and no higher. For more Hollywood glamour, brush curls through then tong again for a deeper wave.
As always, the best hairstyle is one made with healthy and lustrous hair. Take care of your locks by using Deity Deep Penetrating Conditioner for Damaged Hair, click here to find out how you can get it for free.